The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Monday August 26, 2019 at 09:21
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 25, 2019 at 21:53, Ernie Gilman said...
I'm not going to use the Logitechs at all. I included that info to show that the previous installer used this here, that there, the other in the other place, and had nothing like a unified approach to remoting the place up.

I didn't notice that the Motorola boxes have an IR in jack!

I haven't tried anything with paint. I haven't selected the TVs yet.

But I'd like to be sure what you're saying about emitters and paint. You say covering the emitters with paint to keep from receiving...I take it you mean cover the fronts of the emitters, the sides away from the component, with paint so the emitter's output cannot get to the other TV. Is that what you meant?

Thanks.

I just googled the make and model from your post and found the IR port, but also noticed that it has a serial port- maybe that works.

Scientific Atlanta boxes also had the IR jack, but Time Warner disabled it. I would try it and if it works, part of the problem could go away. If you can find the naked emitters I mentioned earlier, that might take care of the TV control issue.

Yes, cover the area that's not firing the IR into the TVs (facing away from the TV's IR receiver). Another way to prevent the IR leakage is to use the covers made for emitters- you wrote that you don't want to use Logitech, but their covers are rubber, so they conform to the shape as needed and don't fall off the way the Xantech covers do.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse