Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday August 21, 2019 at 17:17
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On August 21, 2019 at 15:57, Ernie Gilman said...
Purpose: view a DVR's video output on 8 TVs throughout the house. RG59 is in place. Cannot change this wiring.

Does product exist that would allow me to use existing RG59 to send a DVR's single analog video output to, say, 8 TVs ON EXISTING RG59? The resolution must be higher than standard analog, so I'm guessing HD-CVI would be used ... Signal feed at the head end would be the HDMI output of the DVR, and at each TV the signal to each TV would be HDMI at the TV. Over the existing RG59.

If I am to nitpick at your post, some of it doesn't make sense. Or more precisely, seems to be technically inaccurate.

You say "DVR's single analog video output". But then you go on to say "Signal feed at the head end would be the HDMI output of the DVR".
HDMI is not an analog output, so I assume you mean to use the digital HDMI output of the DVR (high resolution) vs. the analog CVBS output (480i).

HD-CVI, HD-TVI, and AHD are all HD analog standards in the CCTV world. They only apply from the camera to the DVR. There are no converters you can take an HD signal and run it between 2 adapters using those standards (not that I know of). There are single ended adapters you can but to take the HD-TVI/HD-CVI signal from a camera and convert it to an HD HDMI output (usually either 720p or 1080p) however.

What you are looking for, is what others have suggested so far. That is a device simply called HDMI over coax. There are 2 different iterations of this - those mentioned are:

1) HDMI to HD-SDI converters and splitters.

2) HD modulators with conventional splitters. These take 2 forms, the conventional modulators like you have used before with PVI (and you didn't like because it proved perplexing to you).
And proprietary setups like the Metra units Duck Tape linked to, which use DVB modulation. I have used a set of those and they worked great.

Hosting Services by ipHouse