The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday August 17, 2019 at 11:43
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On August 11, 2019 at 11:27, BizarroTerl said...
In another forum I entered a discussion on global warming. I monitor several news sources and understand the critical urgency of this issue

It seems the deniers cannot converse logically about it, can only quote/link known zero reputation sites, and then stoop to the same old "liberal plot" attacks when pressed.

Why is this?

I think it is too easy to look at it as two monoliths. (i.e is there global warming? yes/no)

someone could go with no for many reasons.

-- selfish denier --- I will be dead before it becomes a problem, so I don't care
-- economic denier --- my life is expensive enough if accepting we need to do something about it makes life more expensive then I would rather we wait to do something.
-- benefit denier --- for example [Link: business.financialpost.com]

even on the yes side things are not that simple. Are we too late, can we do it painlessly, how Much should we spend....

---------
For me it is a big issue and one we need to try and address and spend a bit of cash fixing it. On the other hand I think some crazy ass schemes could have even wort effects then doing nothing. I think we need to decrease our reliance on burning fossil fuels, I think we need more stringent rules for burning fossil fuels.

Hosting Services by ipHouse