The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday August 8, 2019 at 11:13
JoeFlabitz
Select Member
December 2008
On August 8, 2019 at 09:06, goldenzrule said...
You can't have the software, except you can have the software if a dealer gives it to you, but we won't give you software.  But the dealer that gives you software has to support you cause we won't support you, so its up to the dealer.

End user -> dealers are all greedy and stupid cause they won't give me software but URC is not the problem.

Stupid ASS policies

Well, I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Would you prefer them to give software access with no restrictions (ultimately encouraging sales from everywhere or anywhere), and tying up their tech support with endless calls from end users (denying legitimate dealers timely access to tech support)? Maybe pay as you go to URC tech support for end user help, just as Harmony does?

Or would you prefer them to not state (even oppose with threat of losing URC dealer status) that software is available from the dealer only with the dealer support? I cannot speak for the company, however they make it a point that their products are best programmed by professionals, and I don't see it posted on any URC public site where they allow dealers to pass over software. Some dealers may pass over software, but that's not URC's policy as I understand it.

Last edited by JoeFlabitz on August 8, 2019 12:26.

Hosting Services by ipHouse