The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 8, 2019 at 10:00
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I recently had to do some updating on a building with a few 66 blocks and I realized I haven't seen many of them lately in supply houses... but I just checked Grainger, and they have a decent supply of such stuff.

Anybody know of another company that still stocks the stuff used with 66 blocks? You just KNOW you'll need some at some point!

This latest customer could have used a telephone distribution block, which lets you punch down three phone lines and has several RJ25 jacks (3 pair, 6P6C to be exact. RJ45 plugs are too wide for this connector.) This was a commonly stocked item as little as five years ago. Today people don't seem to know it ever existed. Any idea where to get these?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When CBS decided not to stay on DirecTV, I suddenly had to so some antenna work I haven't done for more than a decade... and behold, the splitters, TV/FM diplexers, and some other stuff is no longer available?

Anybody know where to get antenna accessories? The sure test would be an FMTVD, which splits the FM band off of a wideband UHF/VHF signal.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are there any audio goodies that we ought to have a few of on hand, that you haven't seen for sale for a while?

BTW, All Electronics in Van Nuys, CA is a good source for some of this stuff.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse