The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Friday August 2, 2019 at 16:49
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 2, 2019 at 12:18, King of typos said...
That was an interesting tingle- glad I was on concrete, rather than the lawn.

Good thing the electrician who originally wired it up didn’t use the foundation as their grounding point. And or the foundation had steel rebar.

The NEC allows the foundation to be the grounding point, I assume a rod has to be buried in the pour.

And if there were rebar installed, then all shall be bonded together anyways.

KOT

As I wrote, the guy who wired it was an Electrical Engineer, so I guess that means he had a striped hat. The garage was detached but didn't have a stake, AFAIK- just the ground in the wire feeding it and he did it wrong. My dad told me on several occasions that the lawn care people refused to use the outlet on the outside of the garage because they were getting shocked and every time I would check it, there was no voltage present but since we were getting the place ready to sell when I was zapped on the concrete, I had some motivation. I found that if I flipped the 3-way switch, the problem stopped and to be honest, I could never understand why a 3-way switch was needed when a motion sensor would have done the job. I found which wire needed to be disconnected, wire nutted it and put a blank plate on the box- done, and the new owner didn't have a problem.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse