Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Saturday July 20, 2019 at 13:24
Richie Rich
July 2002
On July 16, 2019 at 10:38, Mac Burks (39) said...
Have the electricians pull your cable. You will never again care what the inspectors say/do/think. Provide a plan, sell the wire, check up on their work periodically, test your cables before sheetrock, show up after the painters and install your gear.

I have started taking on more commercial work via a relationship I established with an electrical contractor. He hates and does not understand the back end of LV work and I hate pulling wire so it has worked out pretty well.

It has opened doors for both of us, allowing him to offer full turnkey solutions (electrical and LV) and I get access to bid jobs I wouldn't have had. I also now get cabling done to my pull schedule and standards without having to get my hands dirty.
He gets the money for the prewire (minus my engineering fees), I get the equipment sale and installation labor minus a small PM fee.
So far, so good.

After last night's drunken barrage of texts by a client at 10:45-11:00pm about his Netflix not working, I am starting to like the idea of commercial work more and more.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse