Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday July 14, 2019 at 20:53
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 1563125132, SWFLMike said...

Honest question - have any of you guys ever solved a problem by *only* moving LV cables away from high volt lines?

Honester question: have any of you guys ever even HAD a hum problem due to wiring position? That you solve by moving anything or everything? The only hum problems I've ever had were due to connecting points and grounding, not positioning of ANY wiring.

The one time I had a bad hum problem, it was when I was halfway through interwiring two surround systems that were about forty feet apart from one another. The client wanted TV when I left for the day and I told him to tolerate the hum. I insisted that we'd only put time into the hum problem after everything was wired.

After everything was wired, the hum problem had disappeared.

Meanwhile, I've seen power cords stuffed in between racks on the side away from signal paths when possible. What could be less inducive, pun intended, to hum than packing power cords RANDOMLY away from signal paths?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse