The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday June 28, 2019 at 19:40
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Every now and then, I drop hints of things I've been working on. Well, I am happy to announce that I've been using Raspberry Pi Zero W's for various things. Here are just a couple.

1. Node JS Denon/Marantz communication proxy - Socket Code to allow multiple parties to connect to port 1337 for example and it the code proxies to a Denon/Marantz receiver/preamp that only allows a single TCP/IP connection on Port 23. The code also support handling 'Batch' commands such as _MVOL which sends MV? followed by MU? commands. This was done for purposes of offloading command handling from a pronto and doing it on a 1.2GHz single core CPU.

2. A NodeJS Philips9600 extender emulation - Purpose - To support Single-Page Progress Screen during system startup/shutdown.

Before everyone jumps up and down with fervor, it will NOT send IR but it will respond with 'SUCCESS' if you send an IR command to it. The 'software-only' relay functionality is such that if a relay is set(Closed), the corresponding input matches the value of the relay(On=Relay Closed, Off=Relay Open). Think of this as a simple 'Flag' type of operation where relay value loops back to corresponding input. With PEP2, you can't use this with PowerSense as IR and Power Sense condition wrapper must come from the same extender. Note that with software tweaks, you could do real power sense using GPIO pins off the Pi and you can add a 4 port 5V relay module for around $12USD. I did none of this as of yet as don't have need for real relays. What I wanted this functionality for was to have the ability to set a flag in the Extender (Relay 1 On) such that during System shutdown, I could have ProntoScript query the Power Sense of Input 1 and execute actions in Button A vs Button B.

One cool thing this thing also does is to allow a 'software only' Serial Port to operate in Loopback mode where anything transmitted to it is are echoed back to the receive buffer of the same port. Why would I do this?

Consider an ActionList that needs to show progress percentage, titles, or messages as part of a progress. The older way to do this is to interleave Jumps inside the ActionList to multiple pages which show some type of progress. With this approach, you now can use only a Single Progress Page that is updated dynamically while Actions are executing. You have the ActionList first jump to a Progress page that has ProntoScript doing repeated serial 'match' operations on the serial port while the ActionList sends progress updates via 1-way serial commands indicating progress to the same serial port.

At the end of the ActionList, simply send serial command PROG:DONE\r and then jump to the target page (CD Transport, DVD Transport, Cable TV Keypad, etc).

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on June 28, 2019 19:49.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse