The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday June 28, 2019 at 19:39
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
The 'overlay' feature would be the only reason I would update to PEP3.

It is really quite nice. However, the implementation was less than adequate, IMO. I had a 1 on 1 with the DEV team lead @ Cedia in 2009 and we specifically discussed this topic and he agreed. He was, of course, voted down internally in Philips.

Ideally, I personally would like to be able to have a toolbar with icons that would allow me to have overlays for all of these in an activity.

1) Receiver Surround Mode
2) Receiver Audio Settings (Cinema EQ, Audyssey, etc)
3) Receiver Channel Levels
4) Receiver Tone Control
5) Receiver Advanced menu cursor.

Ironically, I have these exact pages that are hidden in each activity. I specifically turn off Page Animation for the system.

Note that if you turn off Page Animation, I don't think the Overlays slide in, or at least that is what I remember.

Same thing goes for the new 'Activity Background' image that is painted in place replacing the white background of the System page. Note that a huge oversight on this one was NOT exposing ability to set this via ProntoScript because, for example, you could have timed photoframe backgrounds on your home page rather easily with ProntoScript. Sure, there were modules such as Flicker but now those won't work because Flicker only uses SSL now. Sure, there are Javascript implementations of SSL but they are performance prohibitive.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse