Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 27, 2019 at 05:16
sebastian
Long Time Member
September 2003
Hi,
I have my power button set to toggle the overlay page of an activity.
I'm using something similar to the standard overlay page, i.e. two "side bars" that slide in from the left and right, containing buttons that take me directly to each activity - except when I'm already viewing that specific activity, then it's switching the the inputs of the respective devices to match.
I've found that this works quite well for me for quickly switching activities/devices without having to go through the home screen.
One thing that's quite cumbersome though: with each new or changed device, I have to update every activitie's overlay page to have a suitable button for it.

Ideally I would want to maintain only a single instance of the overlay page and then only reference it on each activity.
But I think there's no mechanism for that, is there?

Another idea would be to generate the overlay page's contens (i.e. Button labels and action lists) through ProntoScript.
I haven't looked into that yet, but I think that should be possible.
Has anyone tried that?
I'm a little worried about the performance to expect - which probably depends on _when_ the overlay page is generated.
And I'm also wondering if a generated overlay page would still be usable with PEP3's "show/hide/toggle overlay" actions.

Any thoughts?

Sebastian

Hosting Services by ipHouse