The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday June 12, 2019 at 18:46
mrtristan
Select Member
October 2003
The projector itself takes quite a long time to sync whenever I change input. One thing that surprises me is that even though I have Yamaha video processing turned on to 4K, the projector info about resolution as it syncs can vary. For example I did see it display 1080p after the Apple TV reset its resolution back to 1080p. I thought the receiver would upconvert every source to 4K and that's all I would ever see on the projector. Maybe it's a defective receiver but I hardly ever see Yamaha fail.

Is it possible that the HDCP 2.2 HDMI 2 input on the projector will not accept anything less than 4K or HDR? I would think that it's backwards compatible with older standards. I'll chart the sources and their ability to play on the two inputs if anyone can make sense of it:

Source HDMI 1 Input non 2.2 HDMI2 Input 2.2

Roku Up to 4K SDR 30fps Up to 4K HDR 60fps
Bluray 1080pWorks Works
Netbox 4K 30fps SDR No picture, sound works
Apple TV 4K 30fps SDR No picture when set to 4k 30fps

I was able to set the Apple TV to 4K HDR when on the HDMI 1 input but it had a very washed out look and had some banding. At this setting I could not get it to work on HDMI2. On top of this, I can get the Apple TV to do 4K HDR on HDMI 2 when I bypass surround receiver. I've tried different cables between Apple TV and receiver.

Last edited by mrtristan on June 12, 2019 19:00.

Hosting Services by ipHouse