The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday June 9, 2019 at 21:44
AngusB
Lurking Member
May 2019
Sorry for the delay. I went looking at fans in a few different places (bestbuy, home depot, lowes, target, and walmart) and every pedestal fan I found that had a remote was IR. But then I re-read your post and realized you were asking for specific models so I just went back to Target and grabbed a few from the ones I found there.

Holmes hsf1810ar
Honeywell's hsf1640b
Lasko 20566
t36211
Vornado ngt335

Not all of those are pedestal but they are IR. Home depot and others had other models by those same makers plus some no name brands, and some Toshiba fans, and they were all IR as well.

By upsetting several employees at places by sitting on the floor, opening boxes, powering up remotes and and using my old logitech learning remote I have found a fan with odd enough functions that I have a work around that's good enough for me.

The Holmes hsf1810ar fan does not have discrete on/off nor speed codes, but there is no 'on' at all. Hitting the power button when it is off does nothing. But hitting the speed button does turn the fan on. So I can program it to turn on by sending speed code, and off by sending power code. It also does not remember the last speed setting when its turned on. So by getting creative I can even set a specific speed by having it turn fan off, and sending Speed code X times.

Thanks for the consideration.

Hosting Services by ipHouse