The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday June 8, 2019 at 00:34
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On May 31, 2019 at 23:43, NBTBRV8 said...
Given the lack of support I am fast coming to the conclusion that I need to replace the Philips Pronto system. I really want to keep the same design principal of having a tablet talk via WiFi and control my TVs via the existing infrared wiring that controls everything.

What system should I be looking for as I have no idea?

Thanks

Given the lack of support? In what way? Genuinely curious. What kind of support are you needing? What's bringing you to this fast conclusion? Is your system failing you in some way or are you just getting bored with it?

I run Pronto TSU9600's and RFX9600 extenders. I can control anything out there via IR, RS-232 or IP and more importantly, do so from a user interface that I create in both form and function. My Pronto based system has been bullet proof for me year in and year out. It just works. The fact the Pronto line has been discontinued for a number of years is beside the point.

So what are your concerns? If you're worried about hardware failure there's always the used market where Pronto gear can be had for pennies on the dollar. Replacement batteries are very inexpensive also. In fact, I just swapped the battery out in one of my remotes the other day.

Not sure what your experience has been, but I've only had one Pronto remote stop working on me in all these years. It was the unit Philips provided me for beta testing prior to the remote being available for purchase. It was used and abused and still lasted a number of years. I have yet to ever have an extender go bad on me. That being said, I have several remotes and extenders in storage that I paid next to nothing for. If I ever do need to replace something I'll be set to go.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse