The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday June 3, 2019 at 01:04
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On June 2, 2019 at 11:20, Brad Humphrey said...
The best success is a proper installation - no matter what brand you go with.

1st - You have to have a strong signal outside. Just saying "Outside is fine" doesn't cut it. How much signal is outside! dBm! If you don't have a meter, there are apps you can get for your phone that will give you details. Details you will HAVE to give the engineers at (Wilson, SureCall, etc.) for them to design a proper system for you.
I like this app, when not using a meter: [Link: play.google.com]
Using an omni antenna (like in your phone) you really need better than 90dBm signal at the antenna location. You should be using at least a 10dB gain antenna with the system (order the meter to align it when you order the system) which will net you at least 80dBm starting out on the coax coming in. I believe this is 'about' the minimum most of the manufacture recommend in training. More is better.
Note: You may need to identify the carrier specific towers if there are a few in the area. Especially if there is a strong signal from a carrier that is NOT the service the customer uses. This is where tuning the direction of the antenna and the frequency gains on the amp (which is auto on most now) come into play.

2nd - the outside antenna has to go outside! You can NOT put the thing in the attic! I have seen so many installs done like that and I just shake my head when the customer says "I don't understand why it doesn't work well". Well gee idiot! We are not dealing with VHF/low-UHF here, the frequencies are a bit higher (high-band UHF & Gigahertz) and ANY obstacles in the way greatly reduce signal. A roof would be a big one.

3rd - Distance from interior antennas. Depending on the layout of that 4000 sqft., you will probably need to use multi indoor antennas. This has to be thought out to get good coverage inside and to be mindful to not back feed signal into the exterior antenna. Putting an omni-directional antenna on the top floor, right in-line with the direction the exterior antenna is facing, would cause feedback and the gains on the amp would go to minimum or even shutoff at certain frequencies. Making the system useless or near useless.

4th - more I'm not thinking about. I just woke up.

All of this^^^^^

Also...with multiple surecall installations we replaced these style antennas ...
[Link: surecall.com]

With these...
[Link: surecall.com]

I thought the cylinders looked cleaner but they just didnt work as well.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse