The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday May 27, 2019 at 17:19
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
On May 26, 2019 at 21:34, davidcasemore said...
I think you got "Brexited" by the same means in which we got "Trumpeted". With help from the Internet Research Agency. Your thoughts?

That’s what remoaners would like to believe, whilst Gore (as ever) believes it was down to climate change. However, the truth of the matter is that disenchantment within the EU (or EUSSR as it is known in some circles) genuinely runs deep, as last week’s European Election results demonstrate.

As with other well know political constructs (The Austro-Hungarian Empire, The Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Union of Norway and Sweden, and on a more local level pertinent to me, The County of Herefordshire and Worcestershire) the EU’s increasingly autocratic nature will almost certainly be its undoing. One only has to look at May’s Brexit deal, likened by some to the Versailles Treaty proffered to Germany after WW1, to see the spite and bile. For being responsible for a global conflagration and the deaths of millions? No, for merely wanting to return sovereignty over British domestic affairs to Westminster.

If interested, an article on the Antidemocratic nature of the European Union can be found here. And Brexit: Behind Closed Doors. is worth a watch, though I don’t know if it’s available over the pond. If not, here’s a rather telling quote from it…

"We got rid of them. We kicked them out. We finally turned them into a colony, and that was our plan from the first moment."

If one hadn’t already gathered, I’m a staunch Breixteer.

On May 26, 2019 at 21:34, davidcasemore said...
So what happens next, with Theresa resigning? (or "Teresa" as the White House misspells it). Is there any possible way, even remotely, to have a re-do referendum? If so, would the vote be to "stay"?

What happens next is anyone’s guess. May’s deal is dead: no one in their right mind could ever vote for a ‘leave deal’ that was effectively worse than remaining. As for a second referendum…

Back in 2016, I believe no one was more surprised at Leave winning than Farage. Democracy at work: the glum faces in the BBC studios were a joy to behold. The problem with a second referendum, though, is its undermining of the democracy of the first. This is another EU tactic: keep voting until you get the ‘right’ answer.

The situation is undoubtedly a shambles, but one that could so easily have been avoided. Richard North has a wealth of knowledge on the labyrinthine nature of the EU and produced ‘Flexit’ the definitive EU exit plan. At 407 pages long, it’s not a light read, but there is a video giving an outline...

All we can hope for is that May’s replacement (the pool doesn’t look overly inspiring - even my own MP own MP is considering tossing his hat into the ring) can salvage something from the wreckage. My real fear, however, is that nothing can, a General Election will be called, giving Corbyn (a bloody Marxist, for Christ's sake) a very real chance of entering No.10.

I, personally, have no undue concern about businesses leaving in fear of Brexit: the road was always likely to be rocky. But just take a look Labour’s energy and fiscal policies – renationalisation and Modern Monetary Theory. If that happens, the lights really will go out.

P.S. Sorry the post is so long, but nothing about the EU is simple, by design.

Last edited by djy on May 28, 2019 06:49.

Hosting Services by ipHouse