The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday May 25, 2019 at 13:00
BizarroTerl
October 2002
"People see what they want to see and disregard the rest."

politifact.com - does an excellent job distilling what politicians say and how truthful that is. Pretty much all of them are liars. The Donald is very prolific with the lies - approx 70% of the statements he makes are at best partially untruthful.

I doubt any one of us would have much do do with someone we met personally that lied that much. Yet somehow that is OK if they're the president. Trumpers will argue that Hillary or Pelosi are liars and to them that somehow makes the lies from Trump OK.

You're at work and your portable power drill disappears. You know someone stole it. One employee (that lies a lot) keeps claiming he had nothing to do with it and didn't steal it. He does this over and over. I wonder who stole your drill? In US politics he didn't. In the real world?

US politics has devolved into Party Over Country. The devoted of whichever party don't care about the real world. Their reality is their party and what the party wants is right. Bad for the country? In their minds the Party is the Country.

When Obama was first elected to the POTUS the economy was in free fall. People were losing their jobs and homes in droves. The RNC had their first meeting with Obama as president and what was the agenda they laid out? Keeping Americans in their homes? Keeping Americans in their jobs? Keeping food on the table for Americans who were unemployed through no fault of their own? No, their #1 agenda was to make Obama look bad and block anything and everything he tried to do. The Republican voters were OK with this, because Obama isn't in their Party. Party Over Country.

I was raised to love my country.  With what our politics has turned into, if I take a trip out of the US I will be Canadian.  I'm embarassed and highly disappointed.  I used to be proud to be an American.  Not any more.

Hosting Services by ipHouse