The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 17:35
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Not to my knowledge. Also, you want the ability to control "modality" as well as having timed dismissal with defaults.

It is funny you are asking about this because I was just thinking last night about how to break an image apart such that you could have say 10x10 pixel pieces for a frame around the dialog and a single color background.

Create a dynamic panel on screen setting background color, etc.

Next, assuming you want a 10 pixel border, you'd need 4 resource images at 10x10 representing all 4 corners. 1 resource image for the vertical edge, 1 resource image for the horizontal edge, and 1 resource panel from which you'd read background background color.

Create a dynamic panel onscreen and install the background color from your resource widget (be sure to set transparent=false).

Next, using the 'stretchImage' functionality of a panel you could assemble pieces and parts by positioning the 4 new panels for the corners, size according to your image and install the corner images.

Finally, create panels for the horizontal bars and the vertical bars. Install the images into these pieces with 'stretchImage=true" for the bars.

If you want to take a crack at the ProntoScript and want to share with the community, I'd be happy to review/suggest changes or improvements.

Just don't have time to write it up myself as I'm working on a NodeJS project for Raspberry Pi at this time.

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse