The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday May 17, 2019 at 14:23
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
On May 17, 2019 at 12:32, SWOInstaller said...
I'm not familiar with Dish Network however those signal strength numbers seem low. How is your line of site to the birds from the dish location?

Are you trying to aim using the single LNB or dual LNB within the App? If Single LNB and trying to get both birds, I think you will have problems. I would try the dual LNB settings. When I have used the app with open line of site to the sky I was getting high 90% with both LNBs (using the dual LNB settings within the app).

The numbers are spot on from the app... with a little tweak here and there due to the dish’s arm being broken. As it fell down during high winds and before I wasn’t able to secure it permanently when I moved here. Just slapped it into a 5 gallon bucket with a bag of concrete. Now it’s buried and with a few rocks on top of it.

As for those signal numbers, they are pretty accurate and good. At the previous address it was “professionally” installed. It started with 722k model then upgraded to the Hopper 3.

With the 722k model, the signal numbers were well above 80 on all 3 birds. But when the Hopper 3 came out, with a different dish and LNB. The signals dropped to the 50’s. Even before the rest installed it, he advised me on that fact... I was his first install of the H3, but had read an email from corporate about that. Though I don’t remember what great numbers look like. I could have them for all’s I know.

As far as sight, it’s a clear view. Clearer at this location and my previous anyways. There are some tree tops across the street. But they are well below the view of the birds.

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse