Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Saturday May 4, 2019 at 00:56
Richie Rich
July 2002
On May 1, 2019 at 13:05, 3PedalMINI said...
People that dictate and make you work around them have ALWAYS been a major PITA.

the people that want to meet you after hours for a consultation or on the weekend arent interested in what you have to say. I have a rule. If they dictate and wont make time for you then I tell them that were probably not the right company.

I have NEVER got a job from someone that I went out of my way to work around.

I have one ongoing problem child that always wants something added, removed or moved around on his simple "system". It is never stuff he bought from me, only "I got the new Appletv, can you put the new one in for me and put the old one in my bedroom and add it to the remote" type jobs.

He is ONLY available after 3pm on Fridays and he is 1.5 hours away with traffic, close to 2 hours to get back home.

I try to roll him in with other clients that live in the area but I have had to make the journey down there just for him a time or two.

With the distance/drivetime that I have, doing service work is a real drain on my profit margin.

If I have nothing else scheduled, I have to get all my crap together, get in my truck, drive an hour, spend 30-60 mins on site and drive an hour and a half home. So basically a half day shot for when you break it down per hour (and factoring gas/milage in) burger flipping wages.

Yes, I factor it into the overall project but it still sucks.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse