The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday April 28, 2019 at 09:33
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On April 28, 2019 at 09:20, sirroundsound said...
A recent talk radio show up here were talking with someone about this. Apparently the big companies out there are starting to go after people "downloading" content.
I am pretty sure they made a distinction between downloading and streaming though. Sounded like at this time they were mostly going after torrent sites first.
My guess is people that use the Android boxes may not get a letter, but they will likely start to see fewer movies and shows as the sites that are hosting the streams will get shut down.
I think I mentioned this awhile ago, in the Toronto area there are a few retailers that sell the typical android boxes, some with subscriptions. Of course there are a ton of them on Ebay, but even at our very large and well known Home Show there are always a couple of companies with big expensive booths selling their own custom streaming boxes. And the line you hear at the booth is that it is not illegal to stream content.

From what I’ve read, streaming is harder to track and catch. But from what I’ve gathered from other people, it seems they are cracking down on the servers that distribute the software updates for the illegal content. I have a friend that bought 4 of these from a guy and was paying him something like $40 every 3 months for live tv content. But the feeds started dropping and requiring new updates every week or so to work. The guy that sold the boxes started dodging people and changed his number. It reminded me of when they started cracking down on illegal satellite boxes. People would pay to get them hacked, get home and maybe they would work for a day.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse