Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday April 27, 2019 at 14:21
BizarroTerl
October 2002
I'll assume you're up to date on networking. If not post back and I'll try a mini intro.

As you probably know, there are several ways to create devices, what follows is just one.

With your MX-5000 file loaded in CCP select it in in the Model Designer box. Then click on the + icon just below where it says Model Designer. This adds a device at the bottom of the list in the Model Designer box.
Select the new device. In the properties tab on the Properties/Tools Box you can change its name (IE Denon). Below that you'll see the IP Command Setup. There is where you need to enter the Denon's IP address and the port it listens for command on. The IP address you use should be a static address or a DHCP address that is reserved that you entered into the Denon setup screen. The port is the port Denon uses for communication (I think Denon is port 23).

In the Model Designer box right click on the Denon and select add new page. Open the newly added page, right click in the simulator and add a button. With the button selected go to the Properties/Tools Box. One of the tabs at the bottom of that box is named IP Database. Select it and select AUDIO for the IP Data From, Denon for the Brand, and AVR-1913 (Main) for the Model. Command sets don't change much so that should work for the 1912. You can then drag one of the commands over to the button you created.

In the Macro box you will see the IP command.  If you want to see more detail or edit it double click on it in the Macro Box.  FYI - Test doesn't seem to work for IP commands.

For some devices URC doesn't have commands set up for IP control.  EG - Oppo.  In cases like that I use any IP Command from any device and then edit it to perform the proper function per the manufacturer's info sheets.    Some manufacturers make this readily available (Oppo) and some (Sony) make getting this info an exercise in frustration.  The files on this site can be a big help.    Commands can be quite simple ie PWON or complex ie {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"nextsubtitle"},"id":1}.  I've even done a WOL command before. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse