The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday April 25, 2019 at 01:14
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 23, 2019 at 22:17, Hasbeen said...
Whatever you need to do can be done in Google calendar.  You're right though, Google support can be clear as mud sometimes.  What exactly are you trying to do with Google calendar?

I'm down a rabbit hole with this! Right now I can't even remember!

I looked again.
I was taking the instructions too literally. Instructions said
In the top right, click Settings Settings and then Trash....

(SETTINGS SETTINGS TRASH is copied and pasted and omits characters in the original set of instructions.)

The instructions I could not find ARE RIGHT THERE on the screen. The problem is that I freakin' believed a computer instruction* thinking that if it said TOP RIGHT it did not mean "more than an inch below, and off to the left, of top right. That is, go look where we did not tell you to look."

Yup, it sure as shootin' is on the screen. The problem is that it's not at the "top right." On my screen, the gear icon is in an area where the date is. This is more than an inch below "top right." Top right has three dots arranged vertically; pattern of nine dots representing Google apps; a little thumbnail of me... etc.

This thread is turning into its own example of what I came here to ask and complain about: when you're writing a computer program, if you get two characters reversed, the entire program might fail. But a written instruction for using some software has a stupid error that's a hundred times worse than reversing two characters... and that's just the way it is.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse