The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 19, 2019 at 00:17
SWFLMike
Long Time Member
January 2007
I've got a job right now that's got an unstable HW8, and we're still working on what is the best course of action. In our situation, we have ~20 keypads and ~15 modules, all of which can be retained if we go QS, BUT we do NOT have the program. We tried to get it out, sent what we extracted to Lutron, and they said it couldn't be fixed. So we're pushing to upgrade to QS.

I think that even if we did have the program, we would still want to upgrade since it's not too big of a job and would be easy to replicate if it couldn't be converted (I've done Interactive to Illumination, but have yet to do Illumination to QS - only heard that it can be done, so that's another wild card).

If there were a bunch of modules that were out of date, the processor was dying and I didn't have the program, I'd push to flip it to Crestron. We're doing one of these next week, and awaiting approval on another one for later in the summer. These are LiteTouch jobs though, so it's an easier decision to make.

Don't feel bad about telling them they need to upgrade their stuff and that it may be expensive. As you probably know, that's relative in this field, and I have yet to see someone bat an eyelash as the cost of these things.

Hosting Services by ipHouse