Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday April 15, 2019 at 19:02
punter16
May 2011
On April 13, 2019 at 16:37, wessleym said...
Our MX-980 and MRF-350 combination has served us well for years. But the MX-980 started to have screen problems, requiring taking out the battery and putting it back in. So I upgraded to an MX-990.
Converting the CCP file to the MX-990 was pretty easy, and the new MX-990 (with the original MRF-350) can operate all of our equipment--sometimes. The system is set up to use RF only, and for purposes of my troubleshooting, each emitter is turned up to full intensity using the dials on top of the MRF-350.
When I push buttons on the remote, I consistently see the IR emitters light up, so I know the MRF-350 is receiving something from the remote and relaying it to the equipment. But it seems like I often (maybe 90% of the time) have to press buttons twice.
It doesn't matter what equipment I'm operating. I press a button and watch the IR emitter light up, but nothing happens. Then I press the button again and watch the IR emitter light up again, and the equipment responds.
This is confusing because the MX-980 could operate this equipment flawlessly (when its screen was still operational). Also, when I use CCP to use IR only, all equipment responds normally. So my issue only occurs with the MX-990 in conjunction with the MRF-350.
Can someone please suggest some troubleshooting steps? Thank you.

Is this with all components? If so, set the remote on IR. Point at the components and see if you are still having the issue. If not, try turning down the emitter strength to about 50% (just do one component at a time) and see if the components still have problems.

We've seen issues when emitters are at 100%.
We've seen issues when converting a remote from the MX980 to the MX990.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse