The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Saturday April 13, 2019 at 01:26
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 12, 2019 at 12:54, Ernie Gilman said...
Back when stereo receivers all had TAPE MON buttons, sales guys who were asked for help over the phone would suggest that the person turn the volume up. Then further up. Then further up.

Then check to see if the TAPE MON button was pushed in....

We saw a lot of receivers and integrated amps come in for service to repair the blown up amplifier. Occasionally, that's what we had to do but it was probably 9/10 that had the Tape Monitor switch engaged. Lots of happy customers. I would NEVER do what you say the sales guys did.

Oh, we messed with people, that's for sure. One night, a guy came in to pick up his receiver that had been repaired and, as it turned out, one just like it had been scrapped because the customer didn't want to pay for what it needed. The guy I was working with went back, took the work order off of the good one and put it on the scrapped one, then proceeded to act like he tripped as he came out of the service department, throwing the receiver on the floor and making the cover fly off with a lot of racket. I thought the customer was going to have a stroke! Once Rick came out with the other receiver, he laughed his ass off.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse