The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Friday April 12, 2019 at 09:01
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 11, 2019 at 20:46, goldenzrule said...
Old people don't review online. She's safe. When I was younger I worked for an HVAC Supply house. Our phone number was 1 number off from Cablevision. Despite answering the phone "United Refrigeration", these numbnuts would jump right into their bitchfest. I set many a midweek 8am-7pm technician appointments back then.

How old is 'old'? I know people who were in their 50s when they seem to have stopped trying to learn to do new things. OTOH, I know people who were in their 80s and still trying new things that forced them to think and solve problems.

WRT stupid, when I worked for a Sony dealer from '78-'88, we had a big sale and the following Monday morning, I answered the phone as we were opening for the day. The guy on the other end started yelling that he had bought a cassette deck and it was the biggest POS he's ever seen. I asked what it was doing and he said "Nothing! Absolutely nothing!" (he wasn't that nice about it). I asked if the lights came on when he pressed the power button and he told me they didn't, so I asked "What is the power cord plugged into?".

Click. Call ended.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse