The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 31, 2019 at 00:58
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
I'm trying to deal with my wide open loft, approximately 37 feet wide and 22 feet deep (not including the protrusion). Placement of everything is complicated by sloped ceilings beginning at 6 feet high on all outside walls, and a useless closet that has resulted in a ton of furniture lining the walls.

Also having trouble deciding between 5.1.2 or 7.1 setups. The orange cones would be where normal surround speakers should go, and the blue for typical 7.1 rears. Technically the blue seems a more "reasonable" distance away than the orange, but it's not ideal placement for 5.1. Trying to not do any permanent ceiling-mounted speakers as this would be temporary at best, and it's already like our 6th layout in the space.

So... go 5.1.2 with 5.1 speaker placements and hope the distance isn't an issue? Or 5.1.2 with 7.1 rear placement? Or just go 7.1 and give up on ceiling reflected Atmos...

My future intention is to completely redo this into a proper suite with bedroom / living room / closet / kitchenette / etc... but for now I'm just trying to figure out something functional so I can enjoy some flicks with the wife!

Hosting Services by ipHouse