The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday March 26, 2019 at 16:45
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 26, 2019 at 14:45, Mac Burks (39) said...
Most people have a credit or debit card. The few who only have cash will be out of the food/beer/merchandise line off to the side somewhere getting their re-loadable card while everyone else moves through the line quicker. Employees cant steal cash or count change wrong...counterfeiters can go kick rocks.

I only carry cash when i go somewhere that i might tip. Lately though i have just been putting that on the card too. Everything i buy has a digital-paper-trail and consumer protection.

A lot of places forbid their employees to count the change and if someone hands over an amount that would mean they get a dollar bill as change, the person is supposed to return the extra coins and let the register determine the change.

That would be fine, if the kids at the register could freaking count. I bought a sub sandwich and handed over a $20 bill. I was supposed to get $14.41 in change, but the girl clearly had a lot of inner turmoil going on because she picked out a couple of coins, looked at her hand, then the drawer, then the screen, back to the drawer and repeated this several times before looking at her co-worker and it took another couple of minutes for her to open the window to hand me the WRONG amount. She had given me 16 cents. I don't know what they teach in schools here, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the real world.

Maybe the registers need to show them how to make change with Common Core Math.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse