The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday March 18, 2019 at 15:05
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
CommandFusion (CF) Has both a hardware operation and a software operation. I have never used their hardware but have extensively used their software. The two are not related but obviously will work together. Their hardware is focused on network connectivity.

The biggest issue is that they license their software on a per device level. They are completely open with regard to communications as long as it is IP based since that is all an iPad or iPhone can do. They provide their own functionality to operate without using Javascript, but Javascript gives one tremendous flexibility and power.

I use an RPi-3 as my "central controller" replacing a long time Homeseer system. The RPi handles audio (TTS) and makes all announcements needed in the house. In the house, all communications except for legacy TV and set-top boxes is over IP (UDP or TCP or http). IR and RS232 are handled by a Global Cache unit(s). The RPi opens many ports each representing a single functionality e.g. TTS; and just listens for messages.

Hosting Services by ipHouse