The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday March 17, 2019 at 17:59
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
The advantage of using/learning PS is manyfold. First off by learning PS you are in effect learning javaScript (JS). When I program an RPi I do all my coding in Node.js with is a variant of Javascript with specialized classes. Microsoft's Visual Studio Code runs on a Win 10 PC, and is a great editor for Node.js with a full debugging system for the code.

If you're into Apple tablets/iPhones there is a system from CommandFusion (commandfusion.com) that is in effect Pronto for the IOS and Android tablets. There is a designer package (think PEP2) and a run time system. the system supports a full Javascript Engine so you can do all of your work in JS. It handles UDP/TCP and http very nicely. My home automation system uses wall-mounted iPads for control and display, and an RPi as the central control point. the house is fully Alexa enabled.

I still use Pronto's for the TV's and the entire home theater; I want the hard buttons. The home theater has a small PC as the central control point and the 9800 talks only to it.

There is a tremendous advantage if you are a DIY Home Automation enthusiast in knowing a major programming language like Javascript or Python and being adept in it

Hosting Services by ipHouse