The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday March 16, 2019 at 17:48
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
After reading the info below, if you need the mod, contact Barry. Maybe he will do the mod for you.

I have some comments with regard to current software available. Barry's mod/code were done at a time when there was only PEP1 and there was really no way to debug your code except with the _PS_DEBUG_ panels which was basically, a royal pain.

Then, comes PEP2 with a decent debugger.

Note that if you do System.setDebugMask(9), you can see your System.print() statements in the PEP2 Emulator Console window which for most cases, effectively eliminates the need for debugging on the Pronto and gets rid of the need for the _PS_DEBUG_ solution.

The PEP2 Emulator with Jon Welfringer's TCP patch works wonders to facilitate full testing.. The only things that the PEP2 Emulator will not do are a) execute protected JavaScript (pjs files) b) Go to sleep/wake up (fire onSleep/onWake events) and c) Send IR from connected remote.

Provided you don't use the Pronto for IR but instead use RFX, with Jon's mod, you can set your config in PEP2 to used fixed-IP for all RFX units and you can run your config from your PC using the emulator.

So, if you need to test onSleep/onWake use Barry's mod. There are also some other use cases.

I used Barry's software again recently to test some things that worked in simulator. But as the simulator runs at PC speed, I needed to actual get some CPU benchmarks on the remote.

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse