The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday March 15, 2019 at 21:05
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Basically, setDebugMask(9) which is 00001001 in binary routes the output.

If you have a TSU9600, there is a 3 pin test point solder pad inside of the DS that is a 2.2V TTL level serial port (RX, TX, GND). To use this, you need base mod and a USB adapter.

Bit 0 as you have seen routes the output to _PS_DEBUG_ panel.
Bit 3 as a bonus will route the output to the DS serial port.

Go here and download the general description doc for the Pronto Pro Development Environment

[Link: the-gordons.net]

On Barry's Base Mod doc (available in left link bar) on the Wire Up the LED page, you will these 3 solder points. TX, RX, and GND I forget which pin is which but you should not have an issue if you miswire provided you don't short 2 pads together.

These holes just so happen to fit a 3 pin molex pin header (the kind used for many PC motherboard fan connectors). I soldered one in there (placed pins on top side of the board) and then used a 3 pin molex socket and ran wires out to a stereo 1/8" jack. This just so happens to be the jack into which the USB to serial adapter from FTDI plugs.

You then use Barry's VB program to monitor the output.

Barry had the mod instructions on the site at one time, or so I thought. I bet if you email him, he will happily send along docs that will augment what I describe above.

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse