The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday March 14, 2019 at 15:27
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On March 14, 2019 at 14:35, lippavisual said...
Sure, it just works...seriously.

I think the majority of us would all be using Unleashed (jobs requiring less than 25 ap's). Need more AP's, then you have to step up to zone director systems, which i won't get into here.

Install the Unleashed app on your phone. Plug 1 AP into a POE switch and run the config on the phone. This first portion is like a 5 minute process. Once the first AP is setup, plug in all other AP's and discover those in the app so they can download master config and update firmware. Depending on how many AP's you have, this could take from 5-45 minutes. All the updates, etc. happen in the background, so I usually shut the phone off and work on something else.

Once that is all done, 90-95% of the jobs, you can walk away from the wifi install and never look back.

For the few and far between, use a PC and login into the Master AP's IP address using a browser. From the webGUI, you can tailor other things that some customers require, like my commercial clients.

That's it. Sometimes I'll login and tweak transmit levels if i have high density placements. But for the most part, the virtual controller does a hell of a job with most day to day operations, which doesn't require any interactions from you or the customer.

Win-Win in my book.

lol, sorry to put you through that.  We already carry Ruckus.  I was making a pop culture reference:  
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse