The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday March 13, 2019 at 09:24
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 13, 2019 at 09:05, drewski300 said...
I've been getting into wood working more and more lately. Currently I'm building out my bar cabinets with a 3/8" beading detail around all of the rails/stiles. Super PIA but the end result looks great! I'm using a prefinished birch 3/4" ply for the cabinet boxes that I've purchased at Menards which is similar to a Home Depot.

Regarding your closet, any good lumber yard sells 3/4" fiberboard with whatever veneer you want. The Menards I mentioned above also has different fiberboards with select veneers that could be an option. So building something from scratch wouldn't be that big of a deal. The work itself not that difficult but you have to have time to do it. The problem you are going to have is do you have the time? And are you married? If your married, buy the Closetmaid stuff and get it done in a weekend. My basement project is going on for over a year....

I would be careful with Menard's sheet goods- the MDF is crap and most of the Masonite isn't tempered, so it will sag, leave bad edges after cutting and is easy to scratch and gouge. The unfinished plywood warps and it usually warped when it's on their shelves.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse