The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday March 13, 2019 at 09:22
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 13, 2019 at 07:37, 3PedalMINI said...
I'm In the midst of redoing our bedroom. We have a small closet so I originally had gone down the path of getting one of those kits from HD/Lowes. But after reading all the reviews I determined it will just be easier to build it my self.

If you want it colored other then white you will have to go to a cabinet shop supplier/ mom and pop lumber yard. Melamine kind of sucks because the veneer flakes off unless you have a zero clearance track saw or you use a circular saw and lay down painters tape on the cut. You also have to edge band it

I decided since im spraying all the trim anyway that I would just do Birch Plywood with a small faceframe and paint it. For the drawers you can get the boxes and fronts premade from https://www.barkerdoor.com/

For the shelf pins you can do [Link: homedepot.com]

Closets are nothing more then "exploded" cabinets!

Laminate the shelves after cutting to size and use a spiral down cut flush bit on a router for the edges- it won't chip but you'll need to ease the edges a bit because they'll cut like a knife. If you want to dress up the front edge, add a piece of wood trim.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse