The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Monday March 11, 2019 at 11:15
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 11, 2019 at 01:13, davidcasemore said...
One day you'll learn how to edit a post to remove a comment, a word, a random vulgarity. It's very easy to do.

Another dictionary? I only looked a one dictionary! The one that's built-in to my Mac OSX. So all I said (using some secret left-wing technique?) was that I didn't look at the dictionary you cautioned me about getting any definitions from.

BTW, you are really picking at hairs here. If somebody says "I'm AFRAID of spiders" you can bet $100 that they would also say "I really HATE spiders". Add the phobia of your choice: Heights, the dark, and so on. And if you really think that homophobes only "hate" homosexuals, and don't "fear" them, well Google Gay Panic Defense.

Oh, no! A Mac user???????????????????

Why would someone hate spiders, only because they fear them? That's irrational. Same for the rest and the misappropriation of the use of 'phobia'. Yes, languages change/evolve/devolve over time, but you choose to pick the definition that suits your attacks and that's wrong, even and especially if the definition is incorrect. BTW- 'homophobia' is defined as 'fear of man'.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse