The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday March 10, 2019 at 15:58
Ryan_SD_CA
Long Time Member
July 2004
We have been doing Elan for a while now and they have their issues but we do like them, I would just like to have another option for my clients and I like Savants interface and product line.

Elan still has no IP amps and we are currently installing very old audio matrices on our jobs because that's all they have.

They came out with a camera system recently but they are really expensive compared to using Luma, which is our go-to camera system and works fantastic.

But thankfully they came out with a speaker line because that's what we need is another speaker line.

Still no front door camera/intercom solution.

The Elan G1 is more expensive than the Savant S2 host and has half the I/O ports on it. I have been finding it difficult to spec in a G1 when I know the S2 is cheaper and does way more and it just feels it's built better.

There are so many 3rd party products we have to use with an Elan system where Savant has a pretty good ecosystem.

Maybe we should just look into C4 as an alternative option as they do have a good ecosystem as well, I just don't really care for their UI however, I have heard the programming is really easy.

Just so lame that I even have to have this discussion....anyway I'm over it, I won't be selling Savant and I will be buying from AVAD as very little as possible since I do have other options.

Other than that business is very good!

Once again sorry for the frustrated rant and I thank you guys for your feedback!

Keep it pro,

Ryan

Hosting Services by ipHouse