The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday February 28, 2019 at 05:24
bmv
Lurking Member
February 2019
On January 13, 2019 at 17:41, Alan D. said...
Bagsy - I don't think that PEPv3 works with Win10 anymore (unfortunately). After one of the recent Win10 forced updates, I always see PEPv3 hard crash when downloading a configuration into my TSU-9600. Note that the PEPv3 file format is different and not recognized by PEPv2.

I also tried PEPv2, but that crashed when downloading as well, but in a different way.

Barry - Is there anything special you needed to do to get PEP working on Win10? I can't get it to work on my PC (Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523])

Alan

Alan
This may help you and others. PEP3 mxcf and PEP2 xcf are in fact all just zip archive files, and the PEP3 mxcf is just a container for a single 'MasterProject.xml' and the project .xcf files.

If you have 7-zip, you can browse whats inside without unzipping.

Right click the mxcf in explorer, and from the right click menu choose
7-zip -> Open archive

You will see MasterProject.xml, and the xcf project files. Double an the xcf to drill down.

Also, for what its worth, I am using Windows 10.0.17134 and have not seen the USB problems with TSU9800 and TSU9600, using both PEP3 and PEP2.
Note that I only installed these for the first time a few months ago, so I have never installed PEP1.

I'll follow up if I see anything in common with those having issues.

Hosting Services by ipHouse