The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 100 made on Sunday February 24, 2019 at 13:51
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On February 17, 2019 at 15:08, highfigh said...
I don't remember writing that all 1.4 million would be out of work.

reefresher
On February 10, 2019 at 13:02, highfigh said...
OK, but look into this- it proposes getting rid of the whole health care insurance industry, at the cost of 1.4 Million jobs.

Best case, most of those who might lose their job have some additional marketable job skills because I'm not sure we need that much help in admin. If they're actually willing to do something else, great. If they aren't, we'll have more people collecting some kind of assistance.

it is not about skills or those people. Let me go with a simpler example. IOt is simple heartless math.

a few months ago we hired a guy, hew as not the right fit for the job and we had to let him go, did that guy lose his job? yes was it a job lost? no the job still existed we still needed more people and so someone else got that job the nexct day.

let me go with a simpler example then health care, There is a guy I know, every year he goes to Greece , he gets off the boat in the main town on the island and grabs a Taxi to bring him to a neighboring town where he owns a place. Let's say the people in charge on the island decides to get rid of taxis and go full Uber instead. Do you agree that every Taxi driver will lose his job? do you agree that my friend that summer will need to take a Uber instead? do you agree Taxi or Uber he will need a driver and it will probably take that driver roughly the same amount of time to bring him to his place? so in order to know job losses what we need to do is # of Uber drivers after the switch - # of Taxi drivers before, if the number is positive then there is jobs gained if the number is negative there are jobs lost. One can also go a bit more complicated since a part time job is not the same as a full time job and talk about full time equivalence .

In this case we need to do the same thing but it is a lot more complicated, in the 1.4 M was the billing department at the hospital included in that number? how about the CEO of the insurance company? CFO,COO....?Does it make sense to assume those positions will go down to 0 employed. Does the public health insurance cover everyone and everything now? If not does it make sense that if the amount of work grows by a lot that the number of people needed to do the job will remain stable? If business is good and you decided to double the amount of installs you are doing in a week will you need more people to do it?

Hosting Services by ipHouse