The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday February 15, 2019 at 08:24
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 14, 2019 at 18:06, chuch jr said...
UPDATE: Returned to customer’s home with a mic from a new Integra rec’r that waiting for install. Plugged in mic and different Audyssey indicator comes on front display and unit looks for audio via mic. Nothing is heard because Front and rear channel amplifiers appear to be bad. Unit needs to be replaced after verifying all other settings correct & speakers good. Price quote coming to customer a couple days.
The issue that I thought I had was that I was deceived by the front panel display showing “Audessy EQ” which is actually the equalizer turned on and not the unit in a set up mode. Further floating around menus revealed where I could turn the “Audyssey” &/or the EQ off. This turned off original display of “Audyssey EQ” which I thought was the unit stuck in the setup mode. After turning off the Audyssey & EQ in the “4” menus. I plugged in the mic and a different Audyssey indicator lights on the front panel. At that point unit goes into set up mode but is unable to complete the set up because there is no output from the amplifiers in the main zone since it has died up of old age.

If they have any four-legged pets, I would recommend checking the speaker wires wherever they're exposed. Four channels of amplification don't usually cack at the same time, for no apparent reason.

You tested the speakers with a battery or some kind of tone generator, right?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse