Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Tuesday February 12, 2019 at 10:53
drewski300
January 2007
On February 9, 2019 at 19:50, sirroundsound said...
One of the first Sonos systems I installed was for a very rich client I have been dealing with for almost 20 years.
He was given a Sonos connect amp from some event he was at.
This was at least 6 or 7 years ago.
Called me to see if I could hook it up for him to try out, he had heard good things about it.
Got it working, and the next thing I knew I was changing over the old 4 zone house audio system to Sonos
Then we added a portable speaker for outdoor use.
Then we added Sonos to his theatre area system and higher end audio system.
Through all this time I am sure he received the sales emails from Sonos, and all they did was remind him he wanted to add another box to another system in his house. So he kept calling me to come and bring another one of those Sonos boxes and add it here and there.
Installation, the small margin I could get on Sonos along with changing programming on some system remotes was where I made money each trip.
And I have a customer that continues to be happy with the work I do for him.
This past year I just did a $100,000 upgrade to his 25 year old Lutron system.
This year we will be upgrading his theater area TV to 4k. With clients like this there is always something to do as the gear gets older.
In the end it is all about giving a client the right product that is easy to use and retaining them as a client for years. In a few years from now, my guess is all the old Sonos boxes will have something new and even better to take their place, and he will be interested in in those.

And you're the idiot...LOL
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse