Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 12, 2019 at 05:11
crosen
April 2009
Say you are doing a whole house system and you are brought in after the architectural plans are complete. You gather the system requirements, draft the device location plans, and then consider how to shoehorn the devices into the existing design for the house.

Here's my question: how hard do you fight for revisions to the home's design that you would ideally like to see for proper accommodation of your device plan?

For example, let's say you conclude that you need X amount of rack space, but the home's design affords you something shy of X. Part of you is thinking that you need X to do the job right, and perhaps part of you is thinking that if you're resourceful you can make it work.

Which way do you lean? How much do you make space allocation the battle that you need to win? What "best practices" are you prepared to work around for the sake of being an accommodating vendor and where do you draw the line so you know your systems will be reliable and maintainable?

I know there's no black and white answer here. I'm just looking for some insights to solidify my own thinking.
If it's not simple, it's not sufficiently advanced.

Hosting Services by ipHouse