The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday February 6, 2019 at 14:55
SammPX
Long Time Member
May 2005
I'm a Unifi shop and nearly 100% of my clients use Apple products, can't remember the last time I saw someone with an Android phone. No complaints from any of my users/sites about roaming. My rules for deployments

1) When you layout your APs you will likely need more than what you think. 5ghz doesn't go as far, and as dsp suggests, you may need to turn off the 2.4 radio on some APs for the sake of getting the 5 to cover the entire house.
2)I'm bringing an AP to my initial project meetings to get everyone to understand these things need to be seen to be effective. I'll still go for the top of closets or cabinets if I can but hallways/passageways between rooms is often the best placement.
3) Using analyzer software like Wispy to tune my installations. Use this to set channel spacing and power levels. Speaking of power levels, unless it's just a single AP I find that the APs work best at 1/2 to 3/4 power levels which means I need more in my deployments. See #1 above

One last thought, the OP didn't mention his/her preferred wifi hardware vendor but I'll say having all your APs in one pane of glass is really helpful when tuning the site. Unifi, Ruckus, OpenMesh, Meraki and others

Hosting Services by ipHouse