The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday February 2, 2019 at 13:18
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On February 1, 2019 at 22:57, buzz said...
Another point to watch out for is "shimmy" of the mask started during the projector drop or due to air currents.

I think if this were a real threat, we'd always have to worry about having to refocus the projector after lowering and raising it a few times. I've never seen that be a problem.
Rather than attempting to mask sharply to the image edge, could you mask to the edges of the curved surface? Rather than black borders around the image, changing to a color similar to the curved surface or its complement, would give a shimmering effect.

It's an art thing. An image is projected on a wall, laterally concave in shape, with nothing on the wall at all. So, no.

On February 2, 2019 at 09:57, highfigh said...
Our ability to help has been limited by you not posting the projector's brand and model number.

I don't think so. When I ask about whether an edge near the lens will result in a sharp edge on the... in this case, wall, the way optics work doesn't vary from brand to brand.
Have you contacted the manufacturer, to find out if they offer a masking element for the lens?

Tape was suggested by the person who created the artwork, who researched and selected the projector. This person is savvy enough to have suggested if it existed. Remember, I'm not specifying anything. I'm just installing it.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse