The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Sunday January 27, 2019 at 02:31
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 26, 2019 at 11:22, highfigh said...
I think it was Og The Great who said, while trying to mark something to cut it at an exceptionally fine line, "Eff it!".

Anderseits gesehen:
I had a tech who was unreasonable. When he went to label a parts box, he'd start off with a marker putting 1" letters across the end of the box. When he ran out of space, that was it. He stopped. He could not for the life of him invent an understandable abbrevi

See what I mean? If he had room for 7 letters, that's what it got. No abbreviations. No smaller letters.

One day I handed him a random piece of 2x4 that I was using for something and told him to cut another one that size. He got out a tape measure, measured it to the 32nd, then measured out the same distance on another 2x4, make a mark with pencil and square, and cut along the line. He was surprised when I suggested putting one piece of wood on top of the other and drawing a line with the thus improvised exactly right length measuring device.

He also stumbled off a the third step of a ladder once. Oddly, the neon tube he grabbed at on the way down didn't help him at all.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse