The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday January 26, 2019 at 20:49
KenSmith58
Long Time Member
June 2011
I contacted URC about the problem with an e-mail and this is what they responded with: (See below) It didn't work and I'm not sure what they mean by the rar file. Farther on down the list they talk about "Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity. This doesn't exist on my computer, so there isn't much I can do.
URC:
When the remote populates in the device manager right click and select update driver software first.

Select browse my computer for the driver software. Then choose have disk now browse for the path that the folder from the rar file is in and select ok. After this select Microsoft for manufacturer and for model usb sync. Once this is done follow the last set of steps if they have not been done yet on the pc.

No Windows Mobile Device After Windows 10 July 2017 Update

After this Developer update now in July, 2017 for Windows 10 the Windows Mobile Device Center is not working, so you are unable to update any MX-980, MX-3000, MX-5000 & MX-6000 remotes.

Confirm the driver on the remote is updated or the “Mobile-2003-based device connectivity” WILL NOT SHOW

Click on Start,

>then click on Computer Management

> Services & Applications

> Services.

> Scroll down to right-click on "Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity" to

> select Properties

> Log On. Switch to "Local System account" with checking "Allow service to interact with desktop" then click OK.

Hosting Services by ipHouse