Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday January 24, 2019 at 12:49
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
What's the sound of one hand clapping?
All the Loxone customers showing their appreciation.

By the way, I just noticed your title refers to discrete IR codes. I think you mean "codes in Pronto Hex."

That seems to be the thrust of what you're asking about.

A discrete code is one that only does one thing. You might say "they all do that!" But a POWER command is not a discrete command, it's a toggle command. You push POWER and the device turns on or turns off, depending on its current state. POWER ON and POWER OFF (usually called STANDBY these days) are discrete commands: If the device is on, POWER ON does nothing. If it's off, POWER ON turns it on. Likewise, if it's on, POWER OFF turns it off (okay, puts it in standby). If it's off, POWER OFF does nothing.

There's another kind of command, which has two actual commands to do the same thing, and alternates between them. It toggles between two commands. I don't remember exactly how to differentiate between that and the toggle command I described above. It's been years since I've seen one, but you just know someone is going to bring it up here!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse