The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Wednesday January 23, 2019 at 13:21
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 23, 2019 at 13:03, 3PedalMINI said...
Replacing a bunch of connects into amps with the new Sonos amps (see other thread for reason)

Before I ripped them out I switched dining room-kitchen and foyer to working channels on the AC amp. All rooms played decently and I got a baseline. I pulled them out and replaced with the amps. They all sounded different, and significantly. The dining room sounded really good, almost better then the amp/connect. (It’s not fair since the AC amp is/was on its way out)

I defaulted the other two zones and set them back up. All played consistently. Speakers are all the same Boston 8ohm.

However the same issue with volume persists. 0-3/4 has nearly nothing. 3/4-100 is where the magic happens. I will say these seem significantly louder then my last job with triad speakers. I almost want to say their programming on the volume slider is messed up. Then again, it seems like the software is just messed up on the amp. Why would connecting 3 amps to 3 identical speakers yield a different result?

I have 7 more to install tomorrow and will have a chance to play with them a bit more. But it’s still weird and puzzling.

Are all three speakers in the same kind of enclosure? Have you measured the DC resistance of each, to see if there's a problem? How different are the rooms WRT dimensions, acoustics, etc? I haven't used one of these, but does it have a selector for 4 or 8 Ohms?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse