The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Sunday January 20, 2019 at 21:44
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 20, 2019 at 13:09, highfigh said...
I almost came back with "But that didn't stop you from opening your yap, did it?".

Yeah, that never helps. It's the fuel of many an adolescent dream comeback, for which see reddit's "MaliciousCompliance" section.

Instead, something like "We need to be sure we put in the right stuff on this installation. I'm surprised that you didn't know what kind of cable we'd be using. I DO know, and there are a lot of other details about present-day TVs that you might not know. I think I should be making the decisions about how to wire things."

That won't be welcomed, but it's rational and it states the issues rather than slapping the guy.

The TV is 1.5" short of the bottom of the upper cabinet- if the TV is behind the corner where the cabinets meet, the only way it will be visible is if the person's line of sight is 49" +/- about 2". Any higher or lower and it can't possibly be seen.

Putz.

Well, yeah, unless the household members are all four foot one.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse